Partner, Northern Virginiajeff.firstname.lastname@example.orgT +1 703 773 4182F +1 703 773 5110
I am a corporate attorney, concentrating on corporate and securities transactions, such as domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, venture capital, private equity, joint ventures and corporate finance and international matters. I currently serve as the Chair of DLA's Emerging Growth and Venture Capital practice.
In this capacity, I serve as the lead relationship attorney to a wide range of early stage and later stage technology companies and VC Firms, assisting them with their day-to-day legal needs. I strive to be a confident and trusted advisor to my clients and colleagues, assisting them with their important decisions.
I graduated from the University of Virginia School of Law 1996. My inspiration to become a lawyer was my dad. He was an extremely hard worker and was very dedicated to helping others. My inspiration today is my wife, Tasha, and my kids, Eli and Emi. Their support gives me the drive and energy to work long hours to support my clients.
My favorite business advice I give entrepreneurs is: "We are in the business risk mitigation business, not the business risk elimination business. As lawyers, it's important to recognize the difference."
- Tips to position your company for venture financingFunding Sources
- Tips for raising venture capital: commercial contract issuesCorporate Housekeeping
- Tips for raising venture capital: stockholder and equity issuesCorporate Housekeeping
- Tips for raising venture capital: protecting your IPCorporate Housekeeping
- Tips for raising venture capital: employment issuesCorporate Housekeeping
- Building the perfect pitch deckFunding Sources
- Raising venture capital: 12 tipsFunding Sources